I Hear Motorhead Everywhere!



I Hear Motorhead Everywhere!

By: Ghost Writer

“Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you.”
Lemmy Kilmister

When Lou Reed died in 2013 that was the point when I realized that death made no distinctions, death didn't care if you were rich, poor, tall, small, famous or unknown, death proved to be life's only one true certainty, even idols, in reality were men, and as such, they were destined to die.

2015 left us as a hard year for music with the December's deaths of Lemmy Kilmister (leader of heavy metal institution Motorhead)  and David Bowie (pop music great innovator), musicians I have followed for decades, suddenly everyone was talking about them, in our new globalized and Facebook obsessed exhibitionist on line society, everyone knew Lemmy and Bowie, posting how much they regretted their deaths; It was good, I guess, before their death, if I talked about Motorhead or Ziggy Stardust few people knew about what I was talking about, so I think there was nothing wrong with sharing our little big secrets to the world.

There were those jealous guys who immediately cried that it had become a trend now to like Motorhead or Bowie, Wait a second, Trendy?  Motorhead trendy? What is that? Could it be possible? Is it so bad? Last week I was working at a warehouse and next door I heard Motorhead being played at full volume out there on someone speakers, it was a strange bond I felt immediately, like if I knew the guy playing that music on his car, suddenly without even knowing who was playing Killed By Death, I felt so happy, it was like having a connection with someone you don't even know who is, in previous times I went to the same warehouse and there were “cumbias” played at full volume, so if Internet or Facebook made Lemmy trendy in a way that his music is suddenly played everywhere instead of “cumbias” or “rancheras”, welcome be that trendiness, Thanks internet! We always wanted people to love Lemmy and Bowie, just like us, what's the point in being angry because your little secret is a secret no more? What's wrong with sharing? If our culture since the days of the tape trading circuit days was about sharing and spreading music gospel?

Lemmy and Bowie were already famous in their own ways before their deaths, and after death, they can do anything wrong; So, what’s wrong with them being suddenly embraced by the masses? That's what music is about, spreading a message, Lemmy's legend will not fade away and Bowie's last album hit number one in the USA, What's wrong with that? music is a celebration and I don't feel sad for their departures, Hendrix and Janis were decades gone when I started to collect their records, and they made me really happy and proud, death didn't made them fade away, in the contrary, it catapulted them to eternity, that´s what music and art is about.

Comments

Popular Posts