Permanence and Wellbeing


Permanence and Wellbeing

By: Erreh Svaia

Full Metal Lifehacker

My children are quickly growing up and obviously I'm getting old, I was reading about physical age and mental age, physics, we can fight in a myriad of ways against it, we can choose to improve our eating habits (less red meat, less cola drinks , less processed flours, zero alcohol, zero tobacco, more water, as Lee "Scratch" Perry says in "Throw Some Water In", more fruits and more vegetables, etc.), exercise daily (45 minutes a day do wonder, as one matures, it is better to work on strength exercises), and try to handle the stress of day to day in the best way possible, of course, some will say How can I stop "stressing" if I have to work? Mark Manson in his wonderful book "The Subtle Art of You Mind A Fuck" can have many clues if you decide to read it, in the pure stoic style, we must understand that there are things that are INSIDE our control, and it is towards those things where we should direct our actions, there are things OUT of our control, not understanding this causes us stress, tension, pressure, anxiety and a torrent of free radicals and hormones that undoubtedly accelerate the aging process.

Discovering the personal formula to be able to delay the process a bit is important, but we can never stop it altogether (again, there are things that are beyond our control), people like the English researcher Aubrey de Gray, author of the tremendous End of Aging or The interesting Mitochondrial Free Radical Theory of Aging (very close to the circle of Google researchers, so you have to understand that their theories are serious) and we begin to speak in a more reliable about immortality increasingly within reach human, possibly we are part of the last generations to die, maybe our children have the option to live, as a vampire, eternally, I differ on the subject of immortality, I prefer to think that the regular life that I live, I can live in the best possible way, today physically I feel much better than my twenties, I take better care of my body, and it feels that way, to live forever can be a good e of utopia, in the end, could result in a curse, a kind of turn to become prisoners of a life, we must understand that pretending an exaggerated permanence, is not the way either.

Our other age, is the mental age, in particular I have never felt to have aged more than 25-26 years, of course, I have gained more experience, more knowledge, more maturity, and above all more control over my life, but speaking of my energy levels, I feel that they have remained at these levels for almost two decades, I am interested in continuing to learn, I am interested in continuing to improve, changes still seem attractive and challenging, and I am fascinated by the idea of ​​staying flexible to face and adapt quickly to the increasingly fast modern life and its consequent uncertainty, if you ask me, I still feel in my 20s, although sometimes, after a good workout in the gym I realize my real age, the sword is forged by fire and hard blows of mallet, to harden your bones, you must submit them to pressure, sometimes to blows like the practitioners of the martial arts, to protect your spine and knees, it is necessary to strengthen the muscles of the back and legs, some things will protect the others, as long as we know how to keep them strong.

As one advances in life, it is more evident that one of the truths of our existence is not how we are in our youth, but how we will reach our adulthood and beyond, with our physical and mental capacities at its best been possible, or notoriously deteriorated already? I do not worry about getting old, I feel better than many people of my age, and although it could be better, things improve every day instead of getting worse, in the end if the trend is to improve while one goes advancing in life, that is already a gain.

There are more accessible ways to maintain the body, the spirit and the young mind, without falling into the technological and complex science issues such as those already exposed by de Gray, to constantly perform non-contact sports that allow strengthening parts that protect others more. delicate and sensitive to deterioration, playing games such as chess or scrabble that represent a constant mental effort, in the end the mind, which muscle, not to undergo continuous exercise ends atrophying, reading a book or learning new things is Another way to keep us "young" and active, well Albert Einstein said: "Once we stop learning, we begin to die", without forgetting that meditation also (as a "brake" in our sometimes accelerated life) or moderate practice of some religion (as a way to "exercise" our spirit) is always and will be useful to keep us in action and not allow what we have, our temple, it comes down to us.

Comments

Popular Posts